On Day of the African Child 2016 (16 June), we have an opportunity to speak together with one voice to sustain the incredible momentum to end child marriage across Africa, and encourage other countries to follow.
Girls Not Brides is launching “We are Girls, Not Brides”, a two-minute music video about ending child marriage. The song was written, composed and sung by a group of talented young girls from Lusaka Girls School, who take part in a girls’ empowerment club run by Girls Not Brides member Continuity Zambia.
The song is a powerful reminder that girls want to be girls not brides, and that governments must deliver on their commitments to end child marriage in Africa.
Use the materials below to raise awareness of child marriage on Day of the African Child, and promote the video.
- Video (English)
- Video (French subtitles)
- Guide to using the video (English) (PDF, 320.9kB)
- Guide to using the video (French) (PDF, 301.6kB)
- Social media toolkit (English) (PDF, 238.6kB)
- Social media toolkit (French) (PDF, 386.2kB)
- Template press release (English) (DOCX, 20.3kB)
- Template press release (French) (DOCX, 20.5kB)