12 million girls marry before the age of 18 every year
1 in 5 girls in the world are married before 18
Over 650 million women alive today were married as children
What our child marriage atlas tells you
Our interactive atlas provides information on child marriage for every country in the world. In it you will find:
- Top-20 rankings of the countries with the highest prevalence rates (percentage of girls married before they are 18) and absolute numbers of child marriage.
- Data on the prevalence and absolute numbers of child marriage in each country.
- The drivers of child marriage in each country.
- The international, regional and national commitments to end child marriage made by each country.
- The minimum legal framework around marriage in each country.
- Girls Not Brides member organisations, National Partnerships and coalitions working to end child marriage in each country.
What it helps you do
- Strengthen your advocacy and fundraising proposals with data on child marriage in your country and around the world.
- Hold your government to account for its international, regional and national commitments to end child marriage.
- Connect with other organisations and networks working to end child marriage in your location.
Find out more about child marriage and how to fundraise and advocate successfully in our Learning & Resources hub.
The Atlas is based on UNICEF data for 2020. It is updated every two years, with the next review taking place in June 2022.