The module aims to engage young people to become reflective leaders who can design and implement short- and long-term action to deliver change on issues they care about. The module also builds the capacity of young people as trainers who can further develop other young leaders in their communities.
The module is divided into five sessions:
- Meaningful youth engagement
- River of life
- Action plan
- Use of technology
- Campaign design
It can be used by organisations and trainers to host sessions on meaningful engagement of young people in programmes, brainstorming on ways of working with different stakeholders through the creation of a Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound (S.M.A.R.T) action plan, and developing the key skills of using surveys to collect information and designing effective campaigns and plans.
This module has the issue of child marriage at its centre. However, the methodology and content can be customised for any other issue as well.
This toolkit is for you, if you are:
- A young person or member of a youth organisation
- Passionate about creating awareness and meaningfully engaging young people
- Keen to raise awareness of important issues in your local government and connect with other young people
- Working on the issue of child marriage and want to connect with people on a wider scale