Briefing series: "Taking action to address child marriage: the role of different sectors"
There is now a growing body of evidence showing the links between child marriage and a range of development priorities, from economic development and poverty alleviation to health, human rights, and social justice. There is no doubt that effective strategies to address child marriage require dedicated efforts as well as cross-sectoral cooperation and integration.
Developed by the International Center for Research on Women, this series of 10 briefs provides a short, accessible introduction to incorporating and measuring child marriage prevention and response throughout the programme lifecycle within a variety of sectoral and cross-sectoral programming.
They will be of particular interest to donors and practitioners, and of particular use during the needs assessment and programme design stages.
Click on the arrow below for the full list of briefs.
- Download Overview Report (PDF, 855.8kB)
- Brief 1: Health (PDF, 901.4kB)
- Brief 2: Education (PDF, 885.8kB)
- Brief 3: Democracy, rights and governance (PDF, 851.7kB)
- Brief 4: Economic growth and workforce development (PDF, 829.7kB)
- Brief 5: Crisis and humanitarian conflict (PDF, 847.1kB)
- Brief 6: Food security and nutrition (PDF, 871.7kB)
- Brief 7: Agriculture and the environment (PDF, 917.8kB)
- Brief 8: Gender-based violence (PDF, 740.3kB)
- Brief 9: Youth (PDF, 826.6kB)