On Day of the Girl, join #MyLifeAt15 & tell governments to end child marriage now!
Last week, the adoption of the Global Goals for Development marked a historic moment. For the first time, 193 countries committed to ending child marriage in our lifetime.
The Global Goals demonstrate remarkable progress. The Millennium Development Goals made no mention of child marriage, a practice that affects 15 million girls every year. The Global Goals recognise child marriage not only as a barrier to girls achieving their full potential, but also to the development and well-being of their communities and countries.
But it’s not enough for governments to agree on a target to end child marriage. They have to live up to their commitments. Governments must draw up and enforce policies that end child marriage, and create alternative for girls and their families.
On International Day of the Girl (11 October), will you join our call to turn commitments into action?
On International Day of the Girl 2015, stand in solidarity with the dreams and aspirations of girls worldwide!
On 1 October, Girls Not Brides is launching #MyLifeAt15, a global campaign calling on governments to make the new Global Goals target to end child marriage by 2030 a reality.
#MyLifeAt15 celebrates the dreams and ambitions we hold at the age of 15 in support of every girl having the opportunity to achieve hers without child marriage holding her back.
1) Share your photo and describe your ambitions and dreams at the age of 15, using #MyLifeAt15 and #EndChildMarriage.
Unless we act, 15 million girls a year will be unable to realise their dreams and ambitions because of child marriage.
2) Share the campaign with your friends, colleagues and networks.
We are stronger when we speak with one voice!
- 15M girls a year are married before 18. This must change! Join #MyLifeAt15 & tell leaders to #EndChildMarriage now. http://bit.ly/MyLifeAt15
- Every girl deserves to fulfil her dreams. Share your #MyLifeAt15 photo & join the mov’t to #EndChildMarriage! http://bit.ly/MyLifeAt15
- We will #EndChildMarriage by 2030. Let’s put our #GlobalGoals commitment into action. Join #MyLifeAt15 today: http://bit.ly/MyLifeAt15
3) Take the campaign offline!
Use the campaign toolkit to petition your government, reach out to media, or raise awareness in your community.
Girls deserve the chance to fulfil their dreams and ambitions. Together, let’s urge governments to make child marriage history!