How we are funded
The Girls Not Brides secretariat is funded through grants from governments, foundations and multilateral sources. Their generous contributions enable us to support the work of the Partnership and catalyse broader efforts to end child marriage.
Unlike many charities, we do not currently actively solicit donations from the general public. We encourage all interested members of the general public and groups such as churches and schools to directly support our member organisations’ and partners’ programmes to end child marriage. Please see our Donate to our members and Dedicate your wedding webpages for easy-to-use crowdfunding and donation options and support organisations working directly with girls, families and communities.
The work of Girls Not Brides was made possible in 2022 through the generous support of:
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Nationale Postcode Loterij
- Ford Foundation
- The Kendeda Fund
- Government of Canada
- Education Out Loud (managed by Oxfam IBIS and financed by the Global Partnership for Education)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- The Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Players of People’s Postcode Lottery
- Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
- NoVo Foundation Fund of Tides Foundation
- Private family foundation managed by Greenwood Place
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Every Good Thing LLC
Most of the organisations listed above also fund grassroots and programmatic work on the issue of child marriage.
If you are interested in learning more about or funding the work of the Girls Not Brides secretariat, please contact Michelle Wisson at Donor.Engagement@GirlsNotBrides.org
Donate to our members
Please see our Donate to Our Members and Dedicate Your Wedding pages to donate to member organisations that work directly with girls, families and communities. These programmes are managed independently from the Girls Not Brides secretariat.
Girls Not Brides: The Global Partnership to End Child Marriage (“Girls Not Brides”) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (Reg No.: 8570751) and a registered charity in England and Wales (Reg No: 1154230).