Members of Girls Not Brides will:
- Actively contribute to the efforts of Girls Not Brides to end child marriage worldwide, recognising that ending child marriage requires community engagement and action and that global and national efforts should ultimately support local change;
- Positively and constructively engage with other members, as well as governments and other relevant actors at a local, national and global level;
- Include girls’ and young people’s voices and representation in working to end child marriage;
- Work towards ensuring that girls can decide if, when and whom to marry and married girls lead healthy, empowered lives.*
- Commit to transparency, accountability and good governance in our work to end child marriage;
- Commit to upholding the Safeguarding Standards for Girls Not Brides members.
*These principles were updated in May 2019 to more closely align with Girls Not Brides Theory of Change.