Members of Girls Not Brides will:
- Actively contribute to the efforts of Girls Not Brides to end child marriage worldwide, recognising that ending child marriage requires community engagement and action and that global and national efforts should ultimately support local change;
- Positively and constructively engage with other members, as well as governments and other relevant actors at a local, national and global level;
- Include girls’ and young people’s voices and representation in working to end child marriage;
- Work towards ensuring that no child marries before the age of 18, in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- Commit to transparency, accountability and good governance in our work to end child marriage;
- Commit to uphold Article 2.3 of Girls Not Brides Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct: ‘Girls Not Brides members are required to abide by the Girls Not Brides Code of Conduct (Annex 1) and shall declare whether they have their own child safeguarding policy in place at the time of joining Girls Not Brides. In case of absence of such policy, members will be required to sign their commitment to the Girls Not Brides Safeguarding Code of Conduct.