Girls Not Brides: The Global Partnership to End Child Marriage is seeking a consultant to develop a road map for the official registration of the charity in three different countries around the globe.
About the consultancy
Girls Not Brides’ main registered office is currently located in London, UK. We are now looking to register the organisation as a charitable entity in three additional locations around the world, and we are seeking an experienced consultant to create a process plan for this, and start implementing its first steps.
We anticipate the work taking place on a part-time basis between December 2020 and February 2021. Specific timeframes will be agreed with the appointed consultant.
The consultant will:
- Conduct research into the registration processes in three countries, drawing up a concrete and clear process plan for Girls Not Brides to follow in each context.
- Liaise with team members in relevant locations to obtain additional information on what is needed to ensure that the organisation has appropriate legal status in place to ensure a compliant way of working in each location.
- Research and map out relevant issues and risks in relation to registration and compliance in each location, identifying and liaising with local experts as required.
- Identify relevant consultants in regional locations to assist the Girls Not Brides team with the implementation of the road map, and to assist with local expertise on organisational systems and compliance, going forward.
- Substantial experience in, or understanding of, global NGO operations, processes and systems.
- Sound understanding of company and charity law, rules and regulations, in the UK or elsewhere.
- Experience managing work involving legal compliance.
- Skilled and confident in reviewing, understanding and appropriately applying complex documents, policies and processes, including legal documents.
- Experience of confidently developing appropriate advice, expertise, and recommendations.
- Advanced skills in project management, strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the charity sector, in the UK or internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Qualification or advanced training in a relevant area such as organisational management or law.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with UK and/or international charity and company law.
- Spanish language skills.
- Experience of working within an international development charity.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and proposal to recruitment@GirlsNotBrides.org by 23:00 GMT on Thursday 5th November 2020 clearly stating “Global Operations Consultant” and your name in the subject line.
The proposal should include:
- An outline of how you meet the criteria for this consultancy position
- Broad indications of how you would plan to carry out the work
- A suggested duration/timeframe for the work
- A proposed daily rate and maximum total fee
- Details of your availability
Interviews will take place in the weeks commencing 9th and 16th November.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
At Girls Not Brides, we are committed to the wellbeing, empowerment and rights of children, and to safeguarding children from harm in all our activities. Girls Not Brides aims to promote an environment of trust and understanding where the welfare of children is paramount. The successful consultant must adhere to the Girls Not Brides Safeguarding Policy and its Code of Conduct and report any concerns relating to safeguarding in accordance with agreed procedures.