Girls Not Brides is seeking a highly experienced and committed Executive Assistant to provide high level, efficient and proactive executive and governance support to the organisation’s leadership.
Girls Not Brides: The Global Partnership to End Child Marriage brings together civil society organisations from around the world that address child marriage at all levels. Girls Not Brides now has over 750 members across more than 90 countries, based throughout Africa, South Asia, the Middle East, Europe and North America. Members are united by a commitment to end child marriage and enable girls to fulfil their potential.
Girls Not Brides works to empower those seeking to end child marriage; to raise awareness of the harmful impact of the practice and the solutions to end it; and to call for urgent action by relevant stakeholders.
Based in the Girls Not Brides office in London, the Executive Assistant will work closely with and report to the Executive Director. S/he will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the organisation by: providing timely and discrete day-to-day executive support to the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Director of External Relations; facilitating the work of the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Committee; and, project managing discrete areas of work. S/he will also have a role in supporting the planning, delivery and impact-reporting of the secretariat.
- Support to the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Director of External Relations
- Provide world-class executive support, including travel arrangements, internal and external communications, and scheduling meetings.
- Assist in drafting, editing and proof reading of briefing
- Organise, confirm, record and follow-up on internal and external
- Regularly update contacts and meeting notes in the Girls Not Brides shared database.
- Contribute to the coordination of international trips for the secretariat’s leadership.
- Facilitation of the governance processes
- Liaise directly with Trustees and Advisory Committee members and their respective offices.
- Manage arrangements for meetings of the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Committee, including drafting agendas, coordinating the packet of Board papers, and travel arrangements as necessary.
- Draft and disseminate clear and succinct minutes of
- Ensure follow up on agreed action
- Provide project management support on discrete areas of work
- Project manage discrete areas of work as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assist with the planning, delivery and impact-reporting of the secretariat.
- Support secretariat-wide planning processes.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on internal evaluation frameworks and strategic plans.
- Provide other back-up support to Girls Not Brides as needed.
- As directed by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and skills
- Proven experience in an Executive Assistant (or equivalent) role supporting senior professionals who work and travel internationally.
- Experience supporting the governance of an organisation and/or working with a Board of Trustees (or Directors).
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Highly reliable, proactive and capable of independent judgement.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain full
- Experience working in a high-intensity atmosphere juggling multiple priorities.
- Excellent and diplomatic oral and written English communication skills required, with an eye for detail.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders including government officials, CEO-level contacts, high-profile international figures, civil society, grassroots activists, media etc.
- Proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and use of databases (Salesforce highly desirable).
- Experience of working in an international organisation specialising in development / human rights / campaigning / advocacy, or equivalent.
- Experience facilitating organisational planning processes.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working in a multicultural
- Specific project management training / competencies, and experience using project management tools (such as Basecamp 3).
- Knowledge of French and other languages
Eligibility criteria and terms
Salary range of £33,000-£42,000 depending upon experience, plus a generous benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
At Girls Not Brides we are committed to the wellbeing, empowerment and rights of children, and to safeguarding children from harm in all of our activities. Girls Not Brides aims to promote an environment of trust and understanding where the welfare of children is paramount. You will be expected to adhere to the Girls Not Brides Child Safeguarding Policy and its Code of Conduct and report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children in accordance with agreed procedures.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria for this position to recruitment@GirlsNotBrides.org by 23:00 GMT on Friday, 25 August 2017 clearly stating “Executive Assistant” and your name in the subject line. We regret that due to the large number of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.