Webinar: The future of civil society organisations in light of COVID-19
Bond, CIVICUS, CONCORD Europe, Forus International, ICSC, Climate Action Network, ICVA, InterAction, NEAR, and VANI webinar: The future of civil society organisations in the light of coronavirus
June 17 2020, 1:00 PM BST
REGISTRATION: You can register to join the webinar here.
This webinar is a collaboration between the following international civil society networks: Bond, CIVICUS, CONCORD Europe, Forus International, ICSC, Climate Action Network, ICVA, InterAction, NEAR, and VANI.
The session will start with a series of contributions from the authors of the discussion document and leaders from civil society platforms. These short insights will highlight the imperatives for change, given the current crisis. There will also be discussions about where we might be able to build from, if we want to re-energise civil society organisations’ demands to put people at the heart of the changes we need.
We will then have breakout sessions to explore:
- The new normal: Cementing the value of civil society
- Shifting the power: Getting beyond the rhetoric
- Transforming broken systems
- New internationalism: balancing universality and local focus
- Solidarity and protecting rights
- Keeping an eye on climate and the sustainable development goals