Webinar: Seven strategies for ending violence against children training series – Norms and values
World Health Organization webinar: Seven strategies for ending violence against children training series – Norms and values
FEBRUARY 5 2021, 15:30 PM CET
REGISTRATION: You can register to join the webinar here.
The INSPIRE: Seven strategies for ending violence against children technical package is a collection of
evidence-based recommendations on how to prevent and respond to violence against children, including
Implementation and enforcement laws; Norms and values; Safe environments; Parent and caregiver
support; Income and economic strengthening; Response and support services; and Education and life
skills (see https://www.who.int/teams/social-determinants-of-health/violence-prevention/inspiretechnical-package).
To assist governments, civil society and faith-based organizations in their efforts to reduce violence
against children, the INSPIRE core agencies and INSPIRE Working Group are initiating this series of eight training webinars over the course of six months. The aims are to:
- Introduce INSPIRE to those who need to know and act on it,
- Remind those who already work with INSPIRE about the need to scale it up, and
- Give all INSPIRE stakeholders an opportunity to get detailed insights into each of the seven
strategies and the cross-cutting elements.
The webinar, third in a series of eight webinars covering the INSPIRE strategies, will present the strategy “Norms and values” in more depth and will include reflections on how they can be adapted for
implementation in the time of COVID-19.
The webinar will cover:
- Overview of the strategy and brief overview of findings from the Global status report on preventing violence against children 2020
- Community mobilization interventions: SASA! example
- Gender and social norms change interventions
- Communications for development strategies to address violence against children
- Q&A session with the experts