Webinar: Human Rights and Indigenous Peoples in the time of COVID-19
International Indian Treaty Council: Working for the Rights and Recognition of Indigenous Peoples
Friday 1 MAY 2020
9:00 – 10:30 am Pacific standard time (PST)
Join the IITC in Part II of this 2-part webinar, which aims to provide information and training for those in need during this most challenging time of COVID-19 pandemic. They will explore how Indigenous Peoples can effectively use United Nations human rights bodies and mechanisms to address urgent violations and threats to their rights, including those that contribute to or are occurring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
REGISTRATION: To register and information on how to join, please visit the IITC website.
- Francisco Cali Tzay: United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Mayan Cakchiquel, Guatemala
- Andrea Carmen: Yaqui Nation, IITC Executive Director
- Kristen Carpenter: Chairperson, UN Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP)
- Janene Yazzie: Diné, IITC Sustainable Development Program Coordinator, New Mexico Navajo-Hopi COVID Relief Effort Team Leader with updates on the COVID-19 crisis in Dinétah
- Questions from participants
Moderator – Roberto Borrero: United Confederation of Taino People
For further information and to download a training handout on making effective submissions to UN Human Rights bodies, visit online.