The Girls Not Brides secretariat is funded through grants from governments, foundations and multilateral sources. Their generous contributions enable us to support the work of the Partnership and catalyse broader efforts to end child marriage.
Unlike many charities, we do not currently actively solicit donations from the general public. We encourage all interested members of the general public and groups such as churches and schools to directly support our member organisations’ and partners’ programmes to end child marriage. Please see our Donate to our members and Dedicate your wedding webpages for easy-to-use crowdfunding and donation options and support organisations working directly with girls, families and communities.
The work of Girls Not Brides was made possible in 2019 through the generous support of:
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Nationale Postcode Loterij
- The Kendeda Fund
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Department for Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, Government of Canada
- Players of the People’s Postcode Lottery
- NoVo Foundation Fund of Tides Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- Every Good Thing LLC
- The Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Private family foundation managed by Greenwood Place
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Skoll Foundation
- Education Out Loud (managed by Oxfam IBIS and financed by the Global Partnership for Education)
- Jeremy Coller Foundation
- Vintner’s Daughter
- Ignite Philanthropy: Inspiring the End to Violence Against Girls and Boys – a project of the New Venture Fund
Most of the organisations listed above also fund grassroots and programmatic work on the issue of child marriage.
If you are interested in learning more about or funding the work of the Girls Not Brides secretariat, please contact Michelle Wisson at Donor.Engagement@GirlsNotBrides.org
Donate to our members
Please see our Donate to Our Members and Dedicate Your Wedding pages to donate to member organisations that work directly with girls, families and communities. These programmes are managed independently from the Girls Not Brides secretariat.
Girls Not Brides: The Global Partnership to End Child Marriage (“Girls Not Brides”) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (Reg No.: 8570751) and a registered charity in England and Wales (Reg No: 1154230).