Child marriage rates
UNICEF 2016 % Married by 15
UNICEF 2016 % Married by 18
* Child marriage prevalence is the percentage of women 20-24 years old who were married or in union before they were 18 years old.
* According to UNICEF’s State of the World’s Children 2016.
8% of girls in Rwanda are married before their 18th birthday.
Minimum age of marriage
The minimum age of marriage is 21 years.
Members In Rwanda
- UNICEF, State of the World’s Children, 2016.
- Pew Research Center, Marriage laws around the world, September 2016.
- US Department of State, Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2015.